My Makeup Bag // Travel Edition

Leave a Comment
Happy Saturday Loves!
 
I hope you all had a great week, and for those of who are about to have a long weekend, enjoy! Today I wanted to share what I carry in my makeup whilst traveling. The end of May and June are big months filled with traveling and moving for me, and amongst all the craziness narrowing down what I have in my makeup bag is important. It's also the only thing that I really find fun about packing.



* For full product list and prices please see the end of the blog post *


For those of you who don't know, I will be moving sometime around the middle of June from Toronto, Ontario to Calgary, Alberta. It's a five day drive across Canada and although it's a beautiful drive, I am really dreading having to pack up my apartment. Last month I got a new makeup bag from Sephora, and I'm absolutely obsessed with it. It's so beautiful, and carries more than I would ever need!



Sephora Collection : The Voyageur $35 CAD // No longer available in this color, but you can buy a similar one here.
 

The quality of this bag is phenomenal. It's a softer leather-esque material, but both the inside and outside are able to be wiped down. I have a lot of makeup bags that are a cotton material and it just makes it impossible for me to clean them properly.




 



One of the main reasons why I love this bag so much is that it has the scallop detailing, which reminds me of a mermaid, also all of the detailing is rose gold, two of my favorite things. I also love it because it has a more structured design, which, in the long run, will keep it's shape. The finish on the front looks somewhat distressed as well, which I love.




 









 
For my everyday makeup routine I am constantly switching what foundation I use. For days that it's a bit hotter outside, and my skin is behaving, I tend to go more so towards the L'Oreal Magic BB Cream. I think that for being a BB cream, the color payoff is amazing. For days that it might be a little bit cooler outside, or I want a fuller coverage, I tend to go towards the Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation.


For skincare, I typically keep it in a different bag depending on how long the trip is. But, I always make sure that I have Sephora's Pore Clarifying Mask with me. For starters, this mask does wonders for my skin, but it's not big enough that it's taking up my entire makeup bag. The other reason why I am in love with this mask is that it's $6 for two masks, and one package lasts for about two to three uses for me. I don't think you can beat that deal.




Usually, I will bring a smaller perfume with me, but I always make sure that I have a roller ball in either my purse or my makeup bag because you never know when you're going to need it. For those of who haven't smelled Michael Kors Sporty Citrus, please do. It's by far one of my favorite perfumes. If you don't really like heavier scents, this one may not be for you, but they have a whole range of beautiful scents.


Also, for those of you who haven't gotten around to trying Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector, go and try it asap. It's one of the most beautiful products that I think I have ever used. I was hesitant at first to give it a go, but now I can't go a day without putting it on. If you are interested in seeing a dewy foundation routine, please let me know in the comments below!




Typically, I carry whatever brushes I need in a brush roll, but this travel kabuki brushes is one of my favorites to just throw in my makeup bag. This brush is able to do so much, and the quality of the brush itself is fantastic.


 
I always have a few lip products with me at any given time. The Fresh Sugar lip treatment is great for hydrating, and the Dior Addict lipstick is a more sheer coverage. The Too Faced Melted Lipsticks are definitely full coverage.
 
 
Full Product List //
Too Faced Melted Lipstick : Melted Peony $32 for the set // Stila Stay-all-day Smudge Stick Eyeliner : Brown $26 CAD  // First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream : $15 CAD // Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade : Blonde $23 CAD // L'Oreal Infallible Eyeliner : Black $8 (drugstore) // L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Cream : 810 Fair $12 (drugstore) // Dior Addict Lipstick : Dior Kiss 578 $34 CAD // Sonia Kashuk Eye Quad : Textured Taupe 08 $1.00 (Bought during Target Canada clearance) // Sonia Kashuk Blush : Flushed 51 $1.00 (bought during Target Canada clearance) // Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray : $15 CAD // Too Faced Shadow Insurance : Champagne $24 CAD // Sugar Lip Treatment  : $26 CAD // Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer : Medium/Deep $38 CAD // Hard Candy Glamoflauge : ultra light $4 CAD (Walmart) // Michael Kors Perfume : Sporty Citrus $52 // Sephora Pore Clarifying Mask $6 CAD (Currently not available online but I have found them in store) // Make Up For Ever Mascara : Smoky Extravagant $28 CAD  // Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1 Foundation : 905 $9 (drugstore) // Too Faced Melted Metal Lipstick : Dream House $32 for the set // Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector : Moonstone $23 CAD // Eco Tools : Kabuki $7
 
Thank you so much for reading! What are your must haves for travelling?! Let me know in the comments below!
 
 
 
 
 
** All pictures are my own. This is not a sponsored blog post. **
 
 


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home
PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig