Bite Beauty Maple Matte Creme Lipstick // Review & Swatches

Leave a Comment
Hello beautiful people!

Today I wanted to get back into the swing of things with my blog and post a good ol' review with some swatches. What better product for the job than some new lip products, right? I got an e-mail from Sephora a week or so ago, introducing the new Bite Beauty lip products, the Maple Matte Creme Lipsticks. My initial reaction was that I needed them in my life. Not only are the shades incredibly beautiful, but they actually smell like maple syrup. Can't get anymore Canadian than that, eh?

It isn't very often that things are released exclusively for Canada. So, whenever beauty companies release things like this I try and check them out to see if it's worth it or not. The verdict on this release, amazing.

This new collection features five lipstick shades, ranging from deep purple to orange.  The names of the pure maple heaven are: Sugared Maple, Mulled Maple, Braised Maple, Candied Maple, and Warmed Maple. Bite Beauty also released a maple lip mask, but I haven't tried that, yet. I think the main reason why I was excited to try this was because it screams of Fall/Autumn. I'm personally not someone who loves Summer. Mainly because I'm always too warm and prefer fall fashion over summer fashion any day. Before you scroll down into the photos, I want to apologize for the grainy look and size of these photos, my blog is not cooperating with me at the moment but I am working diligently to try and fix it!

I decided to pick up two shades from this collection. One of which was an excuse for my birthday, which is coming up soon, and I think I'm feeling 22. (24 days away!). The first thing I thought when I saw the physical product was how perfect the packaging is. The packaging also accurately shows the colors of the entire collection as well.

I tried out all of the lip shades, but I liked Braised Maple and Sugared Maple the best. Before going to my local Sephora, I read the reviews online and everyone who had purchased it seemed to rave about the texture and overall maple-goodness of Braised Maple.


 
As with any of the Bite products that I have owned before, the packaging, besides the box, didn't disappoint.



Sugared Maple on the left // Braised Maple on the right

Top swatch: Braised Maple // Bottom swatch: Sugared Maple

The number one thing I read on the sephora.ca reviews was that although this lip product is advertised as being matte, it isn't. I would have to partially agree with this. The lipstick when applied isn't by any means glossy or shiny, but it's also not 100% matte either. My biggest concern with these lipsticks was that I was afraid they were going to be drying. I was so relieved when I discovered that they weren't. Similar to most of the Bite Beauty products that I have tried, they are extremely creamy.



Lip color: Braised Maple

Lip color: Sugared Maple

I apologize for the low quality photos of myself, but I wanted to show you what they look like on and currently the majority of my stuff (including my camera) is still packed from the move. Personally, I think that the Braised Maple (shown in the first picture) is my favorite. I think that Sugared Maple will be perfect for the Fall though.

Since these are exclusive to Canada, I was thinking I could maybe do a giveaway or something of that nature, that would be open internationally so that some of you could bask in the Canadian-ness of this product. Let me know what you think about that in the comments below!

What do you guys think of these colors and the concept of using maple syrup? Have you tried Bite lip products before? What is your go-to fall lip color? Let me know in the comments below!

Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you are doing good, x !








** This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own. All photos are my own. **
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home
PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig