Blogmas // The Christmas Tag

Leave a Comment


Hello lovelies!

Long time, no blog! I apologize for being MIA on social media for a few .. months, what! It seems crazy that I haven’t posted in forever. I have been so busy lately, mainly because I started a new job and it’s been a little hectic. It honestly feels so good to be back writing, and catching up on so many blog posts that I have missed from so many of you beautiful people. Also, I hit over 8,000 views on my blog which I actually can't even believe. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Anyways, it’s December, and for any of you who have read my blog for a while may know that I’m a little obsessed with Christmas and Winter. This year is no exception. This year I have decided that I want to try a little ‘Blogmas’ series on my blog. I know I’ve already missed basically the first half of the month, but I am just in time for the ’12 Days of Christmas.’ So, my goal is to blog everyday up until Christmas, starting today and ending on Christmas Day. 



I would love to know if any of you are doing a version of Blogmas as well, and what you’d like to see on my blog! I’ll be posting things from Winter Tags, to Christmas Gift Guides.
As for this post, I thought I’d ease back into blogging by doing the Christmas Tag that I found on Beth’s blog, The Quiet People. So without further ado, let’s jump right into the tag.

What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
The Christmas spirit! It warms my old Grinch heart to see all the decorations go up, and everywhere you turn there are lights twinkling. I also love how the holiday seems to bring people together. This Christmas will be the first one I’ve spent with my entire family – brother and sister – in approximately 9 years. It seems crazy to think that it’s been that long, but I’m extremely grateful that I’m surrounded by so much family this holiday season. 

What is your favourite Christmas film?
If I have to pick just one it’s probably the Santa Clause movies featuring Tim Allen. I’m not even sure if it’s possible to count how many times I’ve seen it, but it just never gets old to me. Next up is a tie between How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Home Alone. Home Alone is more of a family favorite, and we probably watch it at least five times leading up to Christmas Day. 

Real or fake tree?
Some people may really disagree with me on this one but, fake tree 100%. The main reason why is that I am actually allergic to real trees, which pose a little bit of a problem. I think that real trees are beautiful, but I’ve just never really felt the urge to have a real tree. I also think that if you invest in a good fake tree and take the time every year to decorate it nicely, there is absolutely nothing wrong with fake trees.

Giving presents or receiving them?
I personally love giving presents. Especially to my parents, because I always try and get them things that they would love to have but never buy themselves. I also try and give really personal gifts, so I always enjoy watching people open gifts! Receiving presents is fun too, and I have always been pretty lucky at Christmas. 

Do you open presents on Christmas morning or evening?
Always Christmas morning. I don’t think I’ve actually ever opened presents on Christmas Eve. As kids, my siblings and I would always want too, but now that I am older I think that it would have taken away from all the excitement. 

What tops your tree?
Some years we have stars, and on my own personal Christmas tree that I put up in my apartment, it’s a star. On my family tree we usually put up an Angel. 

As a child, what was the one thing you always asked for but never received?
I was always pretty fortunate and received amazing things at Christmas. If I had to pick one thing though, it would be a puppy. Mainly because I’m allergic, so it makes sense that I never received one. However, it doesn’t stop me from loving and wanting pretty much every single dog I see. 

Handmade Christmas cards or bought?
I make some handmade cards, but usually I just buy the majority of them. If I am really organized and have plenty of time to make them it can be fun. But, I usually find that I wait till the last minute and then it never turns out how I want. 

What is your favourite Christmas food?
I’d be lying if I didn’t say chocolate. However, if we are taking about Christmas dinner, then I would have to say turkey and dressing! What do you guys usually eat for Christmas dinner where you live?

Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Every Christmas my family usually doesn’t make dinner, we usually don’t eat too heavily throughout the day and then at night we have a wide assortment of snack/party food. My Dad and sister usually have some seafood, and we make nachos, and kind of just have a night of celebration whilst watching The Santa Clause movies or How the Grinch Stole Christmas, or even weirder, Jaws.

I would love to see all of you do the Christmas Tag! If you do it, then please comment below and let me know as I would love to read them! I tag all of you to do this, as well as Jenny from Mish Mosh Makeup, El Willmer, Denise from Fashion Love Letters, and Beth Robinson.

Thank you guys, so much for bearing with me as I have been MIA. Also, thank you for reading this. I appreciate you guys so much, and hope that you are having a wonderful Monday and a fantastic December so far.

Lots of love, 










SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home
PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig