DIY: Glitter Deer Silhouette

Leave a Comment
Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

I can't believe that Christmas is almost here. I hope that all of you are having an amazing holiday and that you're staying warm with some hot chocolate and some Christmas movies! Today I wanted to post a little DIY for you guys, that would be great to do over the holiday season.




What you need:
 // a canvas, for this project I used a 12" x 16" from the dollar store
\\ mod podge or regular glue; i used a matte and gloss
// some brushes and sponge brushes; i picked up mine from the dollar store
\\ glitter; i picked mine up at Michaels but you could use any kind
// wax paper; or something that the glitter can fall onto
\\ a deer silhouette; you can click here to use the one i used (i enlarged it and had to tape it together and then cut it out)
// a pencil




Trace the outline with a pencil onto the canvas


To get into the smaller places, I used a small brush to make sure the Mod Podge was evenly spread


Shake and spread the glitter as evenly as possible, and don't be afraid to use a lot. If you have wax paper, or paper towel underneath the canvas you can shake the glitter off after it finishes drying and pour it back into the glitter container.
After letting the glitter settle and after the Mod Podge dries, I put a layer of the gloss Mod Podge over top to prevent any fallout of glitter.




This project takes a few hours due to the Mod Podge. The longer you are able to let it dry, the better. However, if you want to be able to hang this up, it is safe to do so after a few hours. I think this is adorable for the holiday season and if you plan on making any last minute gifts, this would be perfect for anyone who loves deers or glitter.

Have any of you made this DIY project before? Do you think you will make it? What's your favorite DIY craft to do around the holiday season? Let me know in the comments!

Thank you so much for reading, and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Hope you guys have an amazing holiday, xx.




Follow me on Bloglovin
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram // @undertheseabeauty
Follow me on Instagram // @beeckyhines
Follow me on Pinterest
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home
PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig