October Favorites

Leave a Comment
Hi everyone, x!

I cannot believe that October is over! This month seemed to fly by! Personally, I absolutely adore the month of October because the leaves are changing colors, the temperature is dropping and boots and cardigans are acceptable as everyday fashion. The month of October also means midterms, which are incredibly stressful, but such a relief once their over. On Tuesday I have my final midterm and then one more month until the Fall semester is done. I'm pretty excited about this because I am in my fourth year of University, so once this semester is over I only have one more to go and then I am finally graduating! Are any of you feeling the midterm crunch?

Anyways, a part from school and the admiration of the season, I have definitely found some new favorites this month! I don't have many favorites but I do have a few beauty favorites, as well as some fashion favorites. So I'll jump right in!


My first favorite is Maybelline's Eyestudio Brow Drama Tint. When I first heard of this product it immediately reminded me of Benefit's Gimme Brow. Benefit's product is something I have used and loved in the past, but as it is a higher end product, sometimes it's just not affordable on a student budget. I decided to go ahead and give the Maybelline version a try, as it is only $9 CAD. I absolutely love it, I was kind of hesitant to try it at first because of the color match up. Having red hair and more of a blonde-shade eyebrows can make color match up difficult. The color I got was soft-brown and I think that it compliments my brows. Since starting to use this product, I have received quite a few compliments on how good my eyebrows look. A part from eyelashes, eyebrows are my second most important step in my makeup routine. I think for the price you definitely can't go wrong with this product. If you guys would like to see my brow routine definitely let me know in the comments!

CAD $9 - I purchased this at Shopper's Drug Mart
 
 
My second beauty favorite of the month is Maybelline's Dream Wonder Liquid Touch Foundation. Usually, if I am going to try a drugstore brand I lean towards Maybelline and L'Oreal because I have great experiences with both different brands in the past. So when I first saw this foundation being advertised I thought I would give it a go as my Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation had run out. I love the texture of this foundation, it is extremely light weight and feels like I'm not really wearing any foundation. I would definitely say it's on the medium-to-light end of the spectrum in terms of coverage. I think that this foundation would work great for those early morning no-make-up-make-up-days!
CAD $12 - I wear the shade 15 Ivory.
I purchased this at Shopper's Drug Mart.
 
My absolute favorite fashion item is my Hunter Boots. I received this boots as a present for my birthday in September from my friends, and I elated because I have wanted a pair of Hunter rain boots for a very long. I wasn't really able to wear them in September because it was still fairly warm where I live. The month of October has cooled off drastically and been very wet so they have come in handy! They are so comfortable and practical! Also perfect for my dream trip to Ireland!
CAD $170



For a music favorite this month, it has been varied. Taylor Swift's 1989 album was recently released so I don't know if it can be classified as a monthly favorite, but I have definitely been loving it. I really love the new sound of her music, and unlike most of her other songs, I enjoy the album thoroughly.

I am excited for this upcoming  month of November, and for it to get closer to the holiday season! What are you guys looking forward to for this next month? Also, this is my first monthly favorites blog post so let me know what you think about it and if you want me to start doing these more! Also let me know what you guys have been loving this last month! Thanks so much for reading! Talk to you soon, x!

Becky, x.

Follow me on Bloglovin'
Follow me on Twitter 
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest

** All pictures are my own. All opinions are my own. This is not a sponsored blog post. **
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home
PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig